Friday, July 22, 2005

Love, light, and forgiveness to you!

This post is here simply to serve as a reminder that no matter where you are in life, no matter what you've done in the past, no matter how ugly you think you are, no matter how dumb you think you might be, somebody loves and cares about you. In fact, I'd be willing to bet my life's fortune (about 35 cents) that more than one somebody loves you. If you don't think so, let me tell you this: I love you. I love the fact that you exist. I love the fact that you have the choice to define yourself in any manner you see fit. I love the fact that you are here to read this post. I love the fact that you hold the key to spreading love. I love that you are here to share this life with me in whatever way makes you happy. So, go out from this place knowing that there is love in my and many other hearts just waiting to comfort you and find solace in this. All I ask in return is that you show the same care and concern for others that we are fortunate enough to share this life with. Namaste.

7 Comments:

At 4:24 AM, Blogger kewpiedoll said...

If I were a hooligan who murdered a whole town of people by throwing each and everyone, men, women and children, into a giant boiling vat of muriatic acid, would you still love me?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Kyle Vernon said...

Sure I would. I just wouldn't love your actions. If you are tortured enough to feel the need to commit such heinous actions, then you need love and compassion and understanding much worse than the poor souls who were unfortunate to have died from your actions. After all, they have died, have they not? And what good is love and compassion for someone who isn't around to receive it?

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Codesuidae said...

what good is love and compassion for someone who isn't around to receive it?

The virtue in an attitude is not always in its benefit to others.

I teach my childen to respect all life. Insects that wander into the house are not to be killed, they are relocated to an appropriate outdoor location (with a few blood-sucking exceptions). This is not for the benefit of the insects, but to help teach compassion, empathy and conservation.

I would certainly agree that the living would potentially reap more benefit than the dead.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Kyle Vernon said...

Code-
Good point. But what is the advantage of learning compassion for one's own sake? Can there be compassion who's point isn't for the good of another?

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger kewpiedoll said...

Hey Kyle!

I admire your effort to spread love and compassion...there ought to be more lateral thinkers like you.

and btw, I'm not a hooligan...that was really hypothetical...um, okay, I'm being defensive. :)

 
At 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for spreading love.
Peace..............

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Codesuidae said...

I feel that compassion is a general attitude that colors much of what one does. With compassion one lives in harmony with ones enviroment (or at least, one has the ability to see where one is not in harmony), including both organisims and artifacts. It is, in part, lack of pervasive compassion that leads to non-sustainable practices.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home